Wednesday, October 8, 2008

This is really happening!

First off, I'd like to point out that I have the song "Arabian Nights" from Aladdin on repeat in my mind. I don't know why but I'm thinking my mind is sending subliminal messages to watch good ol' Al tonight.

Secondly, WE'RE ALL BOOKED!!!! We went to visit my beloved Amy tonight and it's official, we have our venue for ceremony/reception/awesomeness and I couldn't be more excited. I had Danny in tow tonight to see the grounds and he's in love as well. *claps*

As always, Amy was a doll and even though she had a meeting looming in the coming minutes while we were there she still took the time to show Danny around and even gave us those yummy Doubletree cookies.

Afterwards (for a non-wedding related pit stop), we swung by work to exchange Danny's new soccer shoes for a 1/2 size up. Then we set off on a quest for decent shin guards but left in defeat.

Becauuuuuuse, we had to be off at 6 to get to our meeting with DJ, Lenny Fritts, on time! We were a bit early and I'm glad we were because we had 15 minutes extra with Lenny (in total we sat and chatted for an hour and 45 minutes and had a blast!!). Lenny is a super fun and super awesome guy and I'm proud to say that we're working on getting the contract back to him ASAP! We want this man as a part of our wedding!!

So, yep, it's really happening!!


*girlish squeals of excitement*

PS Lenny recommended a videographer and lighting dude tonight as well. The lighting guy looks awesome and I think we'll give him a ring sometime in the near future. It's great how things are falling into place one vendor after another (probably because one vendor will recommend another and then that vendor another and so on and so forth).

I'm not planning this wedding based on who's on The Knot or Wedding Channel..... this is a word of mouth affair!

No comments: